The study that integrates technology with farming.
The department is an interdisciplinary hub of research, teaching and consulting expertise, that relates to science and technology of producing food grains. The department endeavors to become an efficient and dynamic department capable of producing quality graduates with training, research and community services skills that will be enterprising and self reliant.
The department offers the following courses:
- 4 year UG course – B.E. Aeronautical Engineering
- PG Programme in Eastern Michigan University
Centre for UAV Systems
- Supported by Centre for Aero Space and Research,MIT,Anna University,Chennai
- Interdisciplinary Certification Course
- Course Duration -30 Hrs COURSE LAYOUT
- Performance and Stability Analysis
- Prototype Fabrication. Applications in various fields
- Health Care
- Law enforcement
- Disaster relief
- Hands-on learning
- Training for the jobs of the future Benefits of the Course:
- Drone Career (more new jobs in unmanned aircraft and drone technology by 2025)
- Internship in Daksha
- Opportunities to be part of Daksha Team
Introduces the initial designing and sizing process - Basic Design
Highlights of the Department
- The laboratories are well equipped with the state-of-art precision defined instruments to explore ideas and visualize the concepts of technology in agriculture.
The Department has advanced equipment Laboratory
- Crop Husbandry Laboratory
- Surveying and Leveling Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Soil Science Laboratory
- Irrigation Field Laboratory
UAV(Unmanned Aerial Vehicle) Lab for Advanced Agri Research
Unmanned aerial vehicles carrying multimodal sensors for precision agriculture (PA) applications face adaptation challenges to satisfy reliability, accuracy, and timeliness.
Unlike ground platforms, UAV/drones are subjected to additional considerations such as payload, flight time, stabilization, autonomous missions, and external disturbances.
For instance, in oil palm plantations (OPP), accruing high resolution images to generate multidimensional maps necessitates lower altitude mission flights with greater stability.
Association with reputed companies / industries
- Escorts Training and Development Centre, Bangalore
- BULL ENGINEERING, Coimbatore
HoD’s Message“Agriculture Engineering department has skilled and enthusiastic faculty members to offer good technical support and give individual attention to all the students. The Department imparts quality education since commencement of the course by focusing on making our students a good human being and successful professionals through planned teaching in theoretical and practical aspects throughout the course of education. I like to welcome the young entrants to KIT for upholding the agricultural practices.”
– Dr. K. Ramaswamy – Dean & Professor