The Department aims to channelize an International repute with a strong interdisciplinary research and teaching in biological sciences and has an active collaboration with industries and health-care institutions. The Department prepares the students for the competitive field of science to impart current advancement and understanding about biotechnology along with basic knowledge on medical science. The main objective of the Department is to provide academic training and conduct research in the interdisciplinary areas of biotechnology with a particular emphasis towards the development of technologies of commercial significance.
The department offers the following course:
4 year UG course – B.Tech Biotechnology
About the Department
- The department is well equipped with sophisticated laboratories with all necessary instruments and number of research facilities.
- The Department has signed MoUs with leading hospitals to offer Internship and Value added Programmes to enrich the practical knowledge of the students
- The department constantly provides the latest developments in the fields of pharmaceutical, bio-pharmaceutical, and drug discovery sectors, healthcare, diagnostic and therapeutic, plant and animal sciences, and environmental sectors along with the core subjects.
- The department has demonstrated an unfailing commitment towards research and man-power development in frontier areas of integrative biology.
- The focus of the department includes basic research in modern biotechnology and enhancing knowledge base and human resource development for societal development.
- The Department provides an integrated approach towards education as well as research and development of various bioprocesses.