Institutional Social Responsibilities (ISR)
KIT-Kalaignarkarunanidhi Institute of technology is committed positively towards expanding and developing the standard of the schools as it considers an ethical responsibility to provide better Education for all students. Thiru Pongalur. N.Palanisamy, the founder chairman, KIT being socially responsible contributed generously to Government Higher Secondary Schools in order to pave the way for the betterment of the student community. To promote better education KIT is concerned about the social and economic welfare of Government School students.
Chennai Flood Relief
The recent misfortune that struck the coastal districts of Tamilnadu saw many houses, building and other areas submerged under water due to continuous downpour. The rains that lasted for several days brought normal life to a halt, with many educational institutions closed and businesses stopped for several days. Needless to say many people suffered setbacks and several small scale industries endured losses running to several crores. To restore normalcy in the flood affected areas the people need the help and support of the government and generous donations from various organizations and kind-hearted men and women.
To help in this cause, KIT-Kalaignarkarunanidhi Institute of Technology, Coimbatore, has donated,with generous contributions from the staff and students, a sum of Rs. 3 lakhs towards the flood victims in Chennai and other coastal districts such as Cuddalore, Kancheepuram and Tiruvallur. It is our hope that the contribution made by us will bring some relief to the victims who are suffering due to the flood.
Building Community through Giving – Canal Desilting
KIT- has taken the efforts to desilt the canal stretching from Pallapalayam to Papampatti pirvu for the community in Pallapalayam to allow the rain water to flow smoothly during heavy rains. In an effort to rejuvenate the canal , at a cost of 75,000 rupees, litter picking, removal of hyacinth weed and debris was carried out on 12th December, 2015. Awareness was created among the local residents on the maintenance of the canal.
Given below are some of the contributions made by the management of KIT:
- For the benefit of the students, the management of KIT-Kalaignarkarunanidhi Institute of Technology, gave a huge amount of Rs.100000 to the Government Higher Secondary School, Avinashi
- KIT donated Rs. 5500 to the Government Girls Higher Secondary School, Sulur
- An amount of Rs.10000 was contributed towards providing better educational facilities to BVB Palani Higher Secondary , Palani
- A sum of Rs.35000 was donated to the Girls Higher Secondary School, Koduvai to improve the quality of secondary education
- KIT granted Rs.5500 to SCM Girls Higher Secondary School, Vadambacherry
- Rs.5500 was presented to T.E.L.C. Girls Higher Secondary School, Kinathukadavu, for the welfare of the students.
- KIT contributed a sum of Rs.8500 to the Government Higher Secondary School, Kinathukadavu
- PTA Boys School, Pollachi, received a sum of Rs.5500 to provide sports equipments for the students for recreation
- KIT gave Rs. 7500 to enhance computer laboratory facilities in Girls Higher Secondary School, Cheripalayam, for the development of the students
- Premier Mills HSS, Othakalmandapam was given Rs.7500 to enhance the infrastructure of the school campus
- Rs. 5500 was given to Arighnar Anna MGHSS, Pollachi, to facilitate the needs of the students
- The Government Higher Secondary School, Ondipudur received a large amount of Rs.50500 from the management of KIT to provide better infrastructure and laboratory facilities
- KR Government Higher Secondary School (Boys), Ottanchatram received a sum of Rs. 5500 for the benefit of the students
- KIT gave Rs.10000 Marudhamalai Andavar Higher Secondary School, Vadavalli
- A contribution of Rs.5500 was made to the Government Higher Secondary School, Thondamuthur
- The Government Higher Secondary School, Edayarpalayam was given Rs. 25000
- The Government Higher Secondary School, Arasur was offered an amount of Rs. 40000 to provide state-of –the-art laboratory facilities for the growth and development of the students
- Towards enhancing school facilities, Rs. 20000 was given to the Government Higher Secondary School, Kallipalayam
- A channel of 3 km in Kannampalayam, Pallapalayam Panchayat, has been maintained every year from 2012 onwards by KIT
- KIT spent Rs. 300000 towards the construction of bus shelter at Pappampatti pirivu, Trichy Road
- KIT gave Rs. 50000 for the construction of roads in Pallapalayam Village
- KIT donated Rs. 25000 to the Orphanage
Academic Year: 2015-2016
- KIT worked positively to develop the facilities for the Government schools by offering water purifier to the Government Higher Secondary School, Karamadai and Laser Printer to the Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Sulur.
- A sum of Rs.10,000 was donated to Model Higher Secondary School, Kundadam,as a sign of social responsibilty
- KIT offered Rs. 7,278 to the Government Higher Secondary School, Anaiyur, Annur, exclusively for purchasing sports equipments.
- Sri K Rangasamy Naidu Higher Secondary School, Perinaickenpalayam, was offered with a water purifier to satisfy the basic needs of the school students.
- Computers (Tablets) have been given to R K Sree Rangammal Higher Secondary School, Coimbatore, to make the school students technically strong.
- Two notice boards were offered to the Government Higher Secondary School, Pollavadi, Udumalpet.
- CSI Boys Higher Secondary School, Erode, received five ‘S’-Type Chairs for creating a fulfilling environment to school students.
- Five steel tables were given to the Government Girls Higher Secondary School and the Government Boys Higher Secondary School, Perundurai to provide an amiable classroom atmosphere for the students.
- A total number of ten ‘S’ type chairs have been given to the Government Higher Secondary School, Savukkattupalayam and the Government Higher Secondary School Malayapalayam, to offer a habitat school atmosphere.
- The Government Higher Secondary School, Pattimaniyakaram Palayam and the Government Higher Secondary School, Ganapathypalayam have received steel bureaus as a part of KIT’s socially responsible initiative.
- KIT provided INK JET Printer to the Government Higher Secondary School, Peedampalli and the Government Girls Higher Secondary School, Palakkad Road, Pollachi.
- Steel bureaus were donated to Arignar Anna Higher Secondary School, Pollachi and Premier Mills Higher Secondary School, Othakalmandapam.
- Sports equipments were given to TELC Girls Higher Secondary School, Kinathukadavu and the Government Higher Secondary School, Vadachittur based on the school students’ expectations and requirements.
- Vivekananda Vidyalaya Higher Secondary School, Muthur, was provided with 400 Cover Files to reaffirm KIT’s commitment towards society.
- KIT provided Inject Printer to SLNM Higher Secondary School, Karadivavi.
Academic Year: 2016-2017
- A sum of rupees 50,000 was sponsored to TNGR Higher Seconday School,Coimbatore for conducting district level sports meet for the school students.
- Kit renovated the electrical wiring in the Principal’s office and the staff room of the Singanallur Girls Government Higher Secondary School,Coimbatore.