The study that integrates technology with farming.
The department is an interdisciplinary hub of research, teaching and consulting expertise, that relates to science and technology of producing food grains. The department endeavors to become an efficient and dynamic department capable of producing quality graduates with training, research and community services skills that will be enterprising and self reliant.
The department offers the following courses:
- 4 year UG course – B.E. Agriculture Engineering
- PG Programme in Eastern Michigan University
Highlights of the Department
- The laboratories are well equipped with the state-of-art precision defined instruments to explore ideas and visualize the concepts of technology in agriculture.
The Department has advanced equipment Laboratory
- Crop Husbandry Laboratory
- Surveying and Leveling Laboratory
- Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
- Soil Science Laboratory
- Irrigation Field Laboratory
Association with reputed companies / industries
- Tamil Nadu Agricultural University Coimbatore
- Escorts Training and Development Centre, Bangalore
- BULL ENGINEERING, Coimbatore
HoD’s Message“Agriculture Engineering department has skilled and enthusiastic faculty members to offer good technical support and give individual attention to all the students. The Department imparts quality education since commencement of the course by focusing on making our students a good human being and successful professionals through planned teaching in theoretical and practical aspects throughout the course of education. I like to welcome the young entrants to KIT for upholding the agricultural practices.”
– Dr. K. Ramaswamy – Dean & Professor